What Are Skin Tightening Treatments?
Non-surgical skin tightening treatments can be used on the face, neck, and body to improve the appearance of the skin and give it a more taut, firm appearance. At 180 Medspa, our team of cosmetic and beauty experts has years of experience performing safe, non-surgical skin tightening procedures. We offer thorough initial consultations, explaining what to expect from body and facial skin tightening, the risks and benefits, and the recovery process. We will determine if you are a good candidate for skin tightening and find the best skin tightening treatment for your age, health, and goals. Call us today to schedule a consultation for skin tightening in Winter Park, FL.
Exploring Different Skin Tightening Procedures
As we age, our body stops producing as much collagen and elastin. Collagen and elastin keep our skin smooth, tight, firm, and taut. All skin tightening procedures use targeted energy to heat the deeper layers of the skin. This stimulates the body’s natural collagen and elastin production process. The FDA has approved multiple skin tightening treatments and procedures, and we can help you determine which of these is the best skin tightening treatment for you:
- Ultrasound skin tightening treatments – Ultrasound skin tightening uses a handheld device to deliver ultrasound energy, which heats the skin at predetermined depths up to 5mm deep. This process induces collagen production and firms and tightens the skin. Ultrasound skin tightening can be used on the brow, chin, neck, and chest and is best for patients who want to treat early signs of aging. This method is effective for older adults who want to avoid surgery and enjoy firmer, tauter skin as they age.
- Radiofrequency (RF) skin tightening – RF skin tightening procedures use radiofrequency energy to penetrate epidermal layers. This method can be used on the face, neck, hands, and body and is safe for all skin types. It is effective for younger and older patients and can postpone the need for surgical lifts.
- Fibroblast skin tightening – Fibroblast plasma skin tightening uses a plasma pen to lift sagging skin and fight signs of aging. The process uses a wand to apply micro charges of plasma energy to the skin. This eliminates excess tissue and can even reduce or eliminate fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin. It uses a process called sublimation, which turns solids into gas without turning them into liquid first. The plasma pen device targets a microbeam of plasma energy to the skin, causing skin refraction and tightening. This skin tightening procedure can be used on the upper and lower eyes, crow’s feet, forehead and frown lines, lines around the mouth, fine lines and wrinkles on the neck and chest, and sagging skin on the neck.
- Laser skin tightening – Skin tightening laser procedures use a handheld device to heat the skin with laser energy, causing collagen to constrict. This makes the skin look firmer, tighter, and less crepey. This procedure is safe for use on the stomach, neck, face, and jawline. It works best for people between 30-65 years of age and can be a preventive option to reduce the risk of sagging skin.
- Combining skin tightening treatment methods – You can also consider combining IPL with RF to treat deeper layers of skin. IPL allows our providers to treat a wider area of skin, and RF energy can treat deeper layers of skin. This combination is incredibly effective, as we can treat multiple concerns in one procedure.
- Microneedling – Microneedling w/ human growth factor stem cells.
Benefits of Skin Tightening Facials
If you are concerned about sagging, crepey skin, skin tightening procedures can temporarily halt the process of aging and restore firmer, smoother, and more youthful-looking skin with minimal risk or downtime. The primary benefits of skin-tightening facials are:
- Tightening of mild to moderate loose skin on the face, neck, and body
- No need for dangerous, invasive surgical procedures
- No risk of scarring
- Achieve a noticeable lifting effect without a lengthy recovery period or downtime
- Avoid the need to take time off of work or away from your hobbies and daily routine
- Low risk of negative side effects
- Treatments typically take 1-2 hours and are an outpatient procedure
- Results can last up to 1 year
- Results appear gradually, so it’s hard for people to tell you had “work” done
- Different skin tightening procedures can be effective in treating and preventing signs of aging
- We can combine skin tightening procedures with other cosmetic procedures and aesthetic treatments to enhance your results and target other concerns
Non-Surgical vs. Surgical Facial Skin Tightening
Non-surgical skin tightening procedures don’t require anesthesia, incisions, stitches, or lengthy recovery times. They are safe, non-invasive, and have a low risk of negative side effects or complications. Surgical skin tightening procedures use incisions and surgical procedures carry risks and require significant aftercare and downtime. Surgical skin tightening procedures may offer more noticeable benefits depending on the extent of your skin concerns, your age and overall health, and the results you’re looking for. If you want gradual results that look more natural and don’t require you to go under anesthesia, you should consider non-surgical skin tightening procedures.
Find the Best Skin Tightening Treatments for You
Call us today to schedule an initial consultation for a skin tightening procedure in Winter Park, FL. Our cosmetic experts will assess your skin’s health, quality, and condition and go over your concerns, needs, and goals. We will also discuss your overall health, past procedures, and any factors that might affect your choice of skin tightening procedures. Our goal is to help you find the best skin-tightening treatment to achieve your beauty goals. Fill out our online contact form, or give us a call to get started.